Wednesday, October 6, 2010

2011 Church Theme Introduction

The following is our scripture for 10-10-10
1 Corinthians 3:10-17
By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. 14 If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. 15 If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.
            16 Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? 17 If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.
This is the scripture for our new theme.  If you truly haven’t heard what the theme is for the rest of 2010 and most of 2011 – take a guess based on nothing but the scripture above.  HINT: We all can do it if we want to, and there are plenty of people to show us the way.  Give it your best guess and post it in this blog – I think the new 2011 theme for the First Baptist Church is…

7 comments:

  1. I think it's going to be something related to how awesome I am. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Close Joel - it is related to how awesome you can become!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what it is! And from a teacher's point of view, it has to do with one of the elements of a story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping that someone will take a guess at what the picutre in the top right corner has to do with the theme. It looks very biblical to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you remember about the illustration of the HILLTOP and the BOTTOMS? What children's story helps us understand our theme text listed above?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Upon Request from Pastor Jeff! My thoughts on Sundays sermon!

    As we sat in church today this was the message spoken of. I have always loved this section about the building of character. I look forward to this years theme and taking the time to look at the building block of my own character and the things I can look forward to working and building onto. Perhaps this is why I am so passionate about the importance of maintaining a relationship with our Father. Not only at home but by going to church...to be feed. Remember those days as a child in a Christian home where your mom and dad spoke so often of phrases when teaching you about the values of life. This just so happened to be one of the ones I can always hear in the back of my mind. Your body is your temple it is a gift from God...take care of it...he loves you. Do any of us really want to live in a home that is unlivable or has not been maintained. If any of you have had to live in such ways I can promise you they would not dare wish that on anyone. Our body is that building and when we don't spiritual take and maintain it, it will eventually over time fall apart. If we don't make the decisions to build it with materials that will last it will no longer stand. You can not be the person who looks out the window saying I want this but refuses to go out and do the work and expect it to be so. You must role up your sleeves get your hands firmly into the dirt and put your sweet and tears into it.




    Have you not tended to your life in every way..have you rushed into decision making only looking at the desires and forgotten the steps. Have you forgotten to tend to the building and only made cosmetic fixes instead of complete structure maintenance. I have failed to build with good material only thinking that doing it part way will do the job for now. Has the mud began to falter not only into your spiritual life but in your everyday life..your family...your job. Perhaps its that day when you decide that I will no longer build my life on rush decision making with little work but I will build my entire life and character..yes my true foundation upon all that God has to offer me. Yes today I will build my temple with all that is within me... I will build it to last the fires of time.




    If you are stressed...weary... and tired perhaps....it's time.

    ReplyDelete