Sunday, October 18, 2020

10-18-20 FLIP THE SWITCH – USE THE POWER! Hill climbing is essential to Overcome!


Scripture   John 16:24
Gretchen and I loved climbing hills – it was a challenge for a father and child to overcome together. (Las Vegas desert & South Hills)
 
WE HAVE POWER TO OVERCOME THE ENEMY and more
Luke 10:17-20
The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name." 18 He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.  19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20 However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."
 
THE GATES OF HELL WILL NOT OVERCOME THE CHURCH
Matt 16:15-19
"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"
Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.  I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
 
JESUS HAS OVERCOME THE WORLD
John 16:24
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
 
THE BELIEVER’S FAITH IN JESUS OVERCOMES THE WORLD
1 John 5:3-5
This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
 
RETELL THE STORY OF DAVID AND GOLIATH
          
We all have giants at the top of the hill taunting us: Sin – Sickness – Loneliness – Depression – Anxiety – Fear – Anger – Death. As children, with a loving [powerful father beside us, there is no mountain we can’t climb and no hill we can’t over come.
Mark 11:22-24
"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment