Sunday, January 17, 2016

01-17-16 7 Tools for Personal Spiritual Wellness (Part 2)




Scripture  Psalm 119:1-18 & Psalm 119:169-176

Ps 119:1-18

          Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord.  Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart.  They do nothing wrong; they walk in his ways. You have laid down precepts that are to be fully obeyed.  Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees!  Then I would not be put to shame when I consider all your commands.  I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws.  I will obey your decrees; do not utterly forsake me.

          How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.  Praise be to you, O Lord; teach me your decrees. With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth.  I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.  I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.  I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.

          Do good to your servant, and I will live; I will obey your word.  Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.

Previous scripture to be read at the beginning of the service ******************************

7 Tools for Personal Spiritual Wellness (Part 2)

          Spiritual disciplines, like physical exercise mean nothing if you don’t use them.  Using spiritual disciplines (or tools) will grow your relationship with God.

Meditate on His word: Colossians 3:1-17

         

1) Prayer pencil communicating with God  -  The A.C.T.S. of prayer.

2) Confessionstud/sin finder acknowledging your sin

3) Fastinghammer a reminder of the source of all nourishment.

         

4) Simplicity level seeking God’s Kingdom first (Matt. 6:33)

Chick-fil-a video (RNM)

A Kindle is a library of 3500 books made simple.

A.C.T.S. is prayer made simple

Bible Reading (2 books a month – 2 ½ years / Psalms alone…1, 2 & 3’s together)



5) StudyBible (we shouldn’t call it Bible Study – because it is really God Study)

Pay careful attention to the reality that God reveals Himself to us, especially through Holy Scripture: Luke 2:43-48   After the Feast was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it. 46 After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers.

Even Jesus spent time studying God, by discussing the scriptures with other students.



6) Service tape measurer supportive action toward others   Mark 10:45   For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

          American Baptist Women's Ministries became a national organization in 1951. But women's ministries began long before 1951. For well over a century, women have been strong partners in the American Baptist family-raising money for missions at home and abroad, sending missionaries, and ministering in local churches and communities.

          Through the years, women have shaped their ministries to meet emerging needs. The Woman's Baptist Society, organized in 1871, focused on women in other lands. The Women's American Baptist Home Mission Society, formed in 1909, centered on evangelism in the United States. The World Wide Guild (now called AB girls) was established in 1915 to train, inspire, and empower girls for Christian ministry and leadership.

Pat Lucich – Mission chair – talk about ABW and how they have served.



7) Worship square/right angle giving God glory (distinctive honor and great praise) through attitudes and actions (Worship is NEVER “I felt good” – it is always “giving glory to God through attitudes and actions…) 1 Cor 14:26  When you come together, everyone has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. All of these must be done for the strengthening of the church. (That says worship is not about what you get – but what you come prepared to give.) Have you ever thought; “I am going to church for the benefit of someone else?” Always remember this story:

          Several centuries ago in a mountain village in Europe, a wealthy nobleman wondered what legacy he should leave to his townspeople. He made a good decision. He decided to build them a church. No one was permitted to see the plans or the inside of the church until it was finished. At its grand opening, the people gathered and marvelled at the beauty of the new church.

          Everything had been thought of and included. It was a masterpiece.

          But then someone said, "Wait a minute! Where are the lamps? It is really quite dark in here. How will the church be lighted?" The nobleman pointed to some brackets in the walls, and then he gave each family a lamp, which they were to bring with them each time they came to worship. "Each time you are here'" the nobleman said, "the place where you are seated will be lighted. Each time you are not here, that place will be dark. This is to remind you that whenever you fail to come to church, some part of God's house will be dark"



Psalm 119:169-176

May my cry come before you, O Lord; / give me understanding according to your word.

May my supplication come before you; / deliver me according to your promise.

May my lips overflow with praise, / for you teach me your decrees.

May my tongue sing of your word, / for all your commands are righteous.

May your hand be ready to help me, / for I have chosen your precepts.

I long for your salvation, O Lord, / and your law is my delight.

Let me live that I may praise you, / and may your laws sustain me.

I have strayed like a lost sheep. / Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands.

No comments:

Post a Comment