Monday, June 3, 2013

05-19-13 God clicked “Like” on your Facebook page


Scripture                                   1 Corinthians 13:12

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Psalm 105:4   Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. We will see God face to face – why seek His face now?  Because while you are looking for God’s face in His Faithbook – God is looking at your faith in your face book.

INTRODUCTION

We found Joel Stamper and are currently looking for our next Director of Student Ministries through a web site called Youth Specialties.  Why is it called Youth Specialties – because they are specifically focused on youth ministry resources – that is there specialty.  Like God is specifically focused on the purpose of His creation – you and me – God’s web site would be called People specialties – that is his focus.  You can click his people specialties facebook, twitter, pinterest and Instagram pages as well.  The question today is, has God clicked “Like” on your Facebook page?

Eph 2:1-10

Stand beside and slightly behind me  As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, Drop to the floor on your back - dead in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler start rising and reaching for the air of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are wagging your finger and head like “No” disobedient.  All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature eating a ton of food crossing to the other side of the stage and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. Duck from God’s wrath while saying “Oh God!

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich  rubbing fingers like being rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions drop to the floor dead again — it is by grace you have been saved.  And God raised us up Pastor takes your hand and raises you up with Christ and seated sit on one of the stools us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches riches hand movement again of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.  For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith proudly say, “That’s what I’m talkin about – I’ve got the faith!— and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— From God, yes, but don’t forget I do lots of stuff for God and the churchnot by works, so that no one can boast. A bit deflated, I encourage you and you straighten up but more humbly now pointing to God For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Shaking your head in agreement.  I say “do you understand how important you are to God?  You say, “Yes, but can we do that ‘dead thing’ one more time – that’s fun  I say “sure and you drop down dead on the floor.  I kick you and you get up and return to your seat joyfully.


“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you.”

CAUTION: YOU ARE SPECIAL – SO IS EVERYONE ELSE

Romans 12:3-5

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. 4Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.   (lower left knuckle)

REMEMBER TO THANK GOD FOR YOUR SPECIALNESS


I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

GOD CONSIDERS OUR WHOLE BEING IS SPECIAL


But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.

HOW SPECIAL DOES GOD THINK YOU ARE?


"For God so loved the world that he gave (Jesus took our place) his one and only Son, that whoever believes (Faith) in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

HOW SPECIAL DID GOD MAKE US?


So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.  (A propensity to run from God)

 HOW DO WE KNOW WE ARE SPCIAL TO GOD?

Luke 15:10

In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.

"If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it"

"He can live anywhere in the universe, and he chose your heart?"

WHAT MAKES YOU SPECIAL TO GOD?

Matt 8:5-11

When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. "Lord," he said, "my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering."  Jesus said to him, "I will go and heal him."  The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.  For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."  When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, “I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.

CONCLUDING PRAYER
Psalm 139:1-9

O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.  You know when I sit down or stand up.  You know my thoughts even when I'm far away.  You see me when I travel and when I rest at home.  You know everything I do.  You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord.  You go before me and follow me.  You place your hand of blessing on my head.  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!  I can never escape from your Spirit!  I can never get away from your presence!  If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there.  If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.  I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night—but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.  To you the night shines as bright as day.  Darkness and light are the same to you.  You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.  Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!  Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.  You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.  You saw me before I was born.  Every day of my life was recorded in your book.  Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment