Thursday, September 22, 2011

CHARACTER QUALITY # 50 Optimistic

          I believe this is one of the 50 most important blogs I have written in the past year.  I believe some Christians are glass half empty type people and don’t want to hear this message.  I believe every Christian needs to hear this message.
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,   2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man,   4 in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.
          If that does not produce in you and me optimism – then we are like a prisoner in a dungeon with shackles, a blindfold and no light, food or water.  This text fits well with my life verse that provides me great optimism: John 8:32 You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

William Carrey is the Father of modern Missions who  went through every tragedy imaginable yet had great optimism for God’s work.

The Oxford English Dictionary defines optimism as having "hopefulness and confidence about the future or successful outcome of something; a tendency to take a favorable or hopeful view." The word is originally derived from the Latin optimum, meaning "best." Being optimistic, in the typical sense of the word, ultimately means one expects the best possible outcome from any given situation.

I believe God wants the very best for us.  I believe God is working for the very best for us.  I believe God can make a diamond out of coal.  Rom 8:26-29    In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but
the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
          How can anyone who believes these things be anything but optimistic.  Jesus is the way the truth and the life – he is our source of optimism.  He is why I don’t have to bemoan circumstances (sometimes I fail) but I shouldn’t and most of the time I don’t because He who is in me is Greater than her who is in the world.
          Expect Great things form God.  Attempt Great things for God.”
          What are expecting form God?  What are attempting for God?  Decide and be optimistic that God with you will see it come to pass.

From the Heart,
Pastor Jeff Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment