Thursday, January 6, 2011

PATIENCE - CHARACTER QUALITY # 13

1 Timothy 1:15-17   Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners — of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.

Proverbs 19:11     A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.

Gal 5:22   But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience…

Col 3:12    Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Adopt the pace of nature:  her secret is patience.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Not Yet Made
          Dr. Leon Tucker, a gifted preacher and teacher, once told of a woman who had been broken by a great tragedy in her life. She had been living under the crushing weight of a heavy burden for so long that praise had given way to complaint. Finally she cried out in bitterness of soul, “Oh, I would to God I had never been made!” In response to her rebellious words a friend wisely replied, “Why my dear child, you are not made yet; you are only being made, and you are quarrelling with God’s process.”

          I was going to ask some really great questions, but I have decided to make you wait for them.  Instead, for now I will ask how you have experienced the patience of God and how you have exhibited or experienced patience in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment